On a warm day on Dominica, watermelon is the perfect snack to stay hydrated while enjoying the outdoor beauty of the Nature Island.
Not only is the fruit refreshing, it is also considered a nutrient-dense food that provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for a low amount of calories. When consumed as part of a healthy diet, the juicy fruit offers many benefits to our health.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- Helps build stronger bones and joints due to its rich potassium content
- Aids in weight loss and helps decrease the accumulation of body fat
- May improve the cardiovascular function of the body
- Ability to reduce inflammation
- Prevents dehydration thanks to its 92% water and important electrolytes content
- Keeps skin healthy and hair moisturized with its source of Vitamin A
When in season, watermelon may be found growing on the grounds of our nature resort or at the local farmer’s market. On your next visit to Rosalie Bay, experience the benefits of the fruit by ordering a refreshing juice or plate at Zamaan Restaurant.
Rosalie Bay Resort Waitress Emerle serves refreshing watermelon at Zamaan Restaurant