Prepare for your trip to Rosalie Bay and Dominica with this list of “Do’s and Don’ts” from our experienced and always-smiling Tour Guide Zahir.
Zahir has hiked to Boiling Lake more than 200 times, so he has all the insider tips for you to make the most out of your trip to the Nature Island!
DO’s and DON’Ts
- Take photos. Dominica is a beautiful and photogenic island.
- Bring water shoes. With more than 365 rivers to explore, be prepared to get a little wet!
- Get fit. With 300 miles of trails, there’s plenty to discover if you’re up for the hiking challenge.
- Bring your sense of adventure. Dominica is a diver’s dream and hiker’s haven.
- Ask questions. Your tour guide is there to help you get the most out of your experience.
- Leave footprints. Explore the wonders of Dominica and make your mark.
- Be discouraged. There’s something for every fitness level on land and sea.
- Litter. Nesting sea turtles rely on our clean beach for survival. Instead, you can participate in our beach clean-ups and recycling program.
- Remove anything from the jungle. We’re committed to preserving the island’s natural beauty and sharing it with others.
- Stray away from trails. Dominica is mountainous, so it’s important to follow the path and stay with your tour guide.
- Do anything to shorten your vacation. There is so much to explore. Dominica features eight active volcanoes, an abundance of wildlife and more than 1,200 plant species!
- Be unkind. Try challenging me to a “happy contest.” If you win, you’ll get a fun surprise. Good luck!
Most importantly, have a simply magical vacation.