Dominica is bringing music into the rainforests by expanding the annual HikeFest to the Dominica Hike and Jazz Fest. This fun event begins this weekend, ends May 18, 2013.
Our friends at TropicBreeze in the UK summed up this event perfectly, “…the Dominica Hike And Jazz Fest is an absolute must… with a really varied itinerary that will see you experiencing beautiful waterfalls, natural pools, rivers, stunning national parks – all complimented with a dose of lovely Caribbean Jazz to give you a truly special and unique taste of this charming island.”
Schedule of Events:
- Sunday May 12th 2 Waterfalls: Jaco Falls and Spanny Falls + BBQ at Riverstone Bar ‘n’ Grill
- Monday May 13th 9 Diamonds: Sultan Falls – 9 Waterfalls in three hours
- Tuesday May 14th Central Forest Reserve: TMT Hike to Gleau Gommier + Garden tour at Zen Gardens + Lunch & Lyme at Liberty Jungle Evening: Art & Cuisine at Harmony Villa
- Wednesday May 15th World Heritage Site: Hike to Morne Trois Piton. Evening Jazz: Jazz ‘n’ Creole at Evergreen Hotel
- Thursday May 16th Emerald Pool: Bala Caves (maroon site) to Emerald Pool on Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 5. Jazz: Jazz ‘n’ Creole “Word, Sound & Power” at Anchorage Hotel
- Friday May 17th Organic Experience: Sylvannia to Pond Casse along Waitukubuli National Trail Segment 4 (Sylvannia to Pond Casse) + organic farm tour and lunch at D-Smart Farms Evening Jazz: Jazz ‘n’ Creole Happy Hour at Fort Young Hotel
- Saturday May 18th Maroon Heritage River Hike: Jaco Steps (maroon heritage site) Day Jazz: Day-time jazz lyme – “Riverside Jazz ‘n’ Creole” t Riverstone Bar ‘n’ Grill in Belles.
If you would like to join the Dominica Hike and Jazz Fest, speak to the Front Desk.