Music fans can groove to local and international jazz artists at the Dominica Jazz n’ Creole Festival on Sunday, May 27, 2012. This annual outdoor event is from 2 – 8 p.m. at at historic Fort Shirley in Cabrits National Park in Portsmouth.
Listen to Caribbean-inspired jazz while enjoying views of Prince Rupert’s Bay. Featured musicians include:
- Dominican-born international jazz artist Cameron Pierre from the UK,
- Award-winning saxophonist and composer Sandy Gabriel from the Dominican Republic,
- Local musician Fitzroy Williams and his band,
- Bwakoré from Martinique, and
- Rising Dominican jazz star Breve.
Tickets are $50 in advance or $60 at the gate. If you would like to attend, please speak to the Front Desk who is happy to assist in purchasing tickets and arranging transportation to and from the Festival.