Chickpea-Bamboo Brown Rice Veggie Burger
Bamboo offers many health benefits, and we are pleased to introduce you to Chef Seraphine’s latest vegetarian delight!
Enjoy an appetizing burger at Zamaan after a day of adventure on the Nature Island, or create this unique meal from the convenience of your home.
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice with slivers of bamboo shoot
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whole-grain mustard
- Red onion, sliced, for garnish
- Roasted red pepper, sliced, for garnish
- Green-leaf lettuce, for wrapping
1. Mash chickpeas and brown rice until a thick paste forms.
2. Stir in shallot, garlic, and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix in egg until well blended.
4. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
6. Spread mustard on top, and garnish with red onion and roasted red pepper. Wrap in lettuce.