The New York Post lists “8 Caribbean Resorts to Book Now”

“If you’ve prematurely written off the region as been there, done that, it’s time to for a revisit. Here are 8 new or improved Caribbean pads to check out.” 

7) ROSALIE BAY Dominica

From the fish-flocked reefs to that over-200-degree boiling lake you’re better off not playing Marco Polo in, any resort built on Dominica can simply harness its proximity to outrageously unique surroundings for marketing purposes. But Rosalie Bay, just opened in August on 22 acres of the island’s east coast, returns the favor. The eco-friendly-with-benefits resort — basically a village of cottages surrounding a central onyx pool — uses a Norwin 225 wind turbine to power 70 percent of its electricity, the other 30 percent comes courtesy of its rooftop solar panels. Not green enough for you? The hotel employs nighttime security staff to protect the sea turtles wandering around the black beach out back.

INFO from $250;

By Chris Bunting
Published October 25th, 2010

Related articles

Dominica Creole Day 2010!

Creole Day… is held all over the Island of Dominica. This is by far the most colourful day on the Island.The traditional outfit is worn on that day by everyone. The girls wear a “jupe,” the women wear a “robe […]

Learn More

Rosalie Bay Resort listed on “BEST NEW HOTELS FOR ROMANCE 2011” “Worlds away from the glitz and glamour of some Caribbean islands, Eco-conscious Rosalie Bay Resort is tucked into a verdant corner of Dominica, which bills itself as “the nature island.” Truth is, there’s not much more here than a […]

Learn More

Organic Fresh Foods at Zamaan Restaurant ~ Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica

Chef Sean Kuylen picks only the freshest of locally grown ingredients for his menu.  There is also an on-site Organic Garden where the chef not only harvests his ingredients, but he plants them, as well!

Learn More