This month marks Rosalie Bay Resort’s three-year anniversary! Since opening in January 2011, our eco-boutique and wellness resort has experienced many wonderful memories and honors. Here are just a few of the highlights!
- Founder of Virgin Group, Richard Branson and family stayed at our nature resort in 2011, our first year of operation.
- Discover Dominica Authority named our resort “Accommodation of the Year” at the 2012 Tourism Industry Awards for our commitment to the local community, guest services and environmental efforts.
- Travel + Leisure honored Rosalie Bay as a 2012 Global Vision Award Winner for Conservation for our efforts to protect endangered sea turtles.
- Rosalie Bay was named one of 11 finalists in the U.S. Secretary of the State’s Award for Corporate Excellence for 2012.
- Resort Owner Beverly Deikel was profiled in an episode of EX-PATS on YouTube’s Reserve Channel. The show, in cooperation with Travel + Leisure, profiles ex-patriates who made the leap to move to another country.
- 2013 marked Rosalie Bay’s debut on the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, ranking No. 2 among the Top 25 Resorts in the Caribbean and among the Top 100 Hotels & Resorts in the World.
For us, the most treasured memory of the past three years in operation is each and every moment we’ve shared with our guests. We’ve enjoyed every adventurous island excursion, relaxing yoga session, miraculous sea turtle nesting and hatching, and more.
The future is just as bright as we have new improvements underway including our riverfront Gló Spa, new “Feed Your Soul” Yoga Retreats and 2014 turtle season.
We hope you are able to visit in our fourth year to share more ‘simply magical’ moments with us.