You can always find tropical cocktails on the menu at Rosalie Bay Resort, no matter the time of year.
Our signature cocktail, Seaside Magic, is inspired by the natural elements surrounding our eco-resort and the simply magical experience of a Dominica vacation.
The “magical” ingredient is bande-infused rum, made from the bark of the Richeria grandis trees found on island and considered to be a natural aphrodisiac by Dominicans. In fact, the rum is one of the featured aphrodisiacs in our romance package and provided to guests at turndown.
Although the tropical cocktail is best sipped fresh at Rosalie Bay, we have provided the recipe for you to shake up at home. And according to Caribbean Journal, the “rum-vodka combo [is] guaranteed to transport you to where the Rosalie River meets black-sand beaches in a single sip.”
Seaside Magic Recipe
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. pineapple juice (always fresh, local and organic when enjoyed at Rosalie Bay Resort)
- 1/2 oz. grenadine syrup
- 1/2 oz. bois bande rum
- Pour the coconut rum, vodka and pineapple juice in an ice-filled shaker. Shake well.
- Strain into a hurricane glass half filled with ice
- Add the grenadine syup
- Top up with bois bande rum
- Garnish with pineapple leaves and pineapple wedge