Weekly tips to bring island-inspired wellness into your everyday life from the wellness and spa team at Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica. Post written by Spa Therapist Alma George.
When I was three years old, I remember asking my Daddy to cut this tree. But he wouldn’t cut it down because the “tree is money.” Every morning I would go under the tree, collect nutmeg, put it out in the sun and sell it at $10 per pound.
It wasn’t until later, when my Daddy started suffering from poor blood circulation and arthritis, that I realized the health benefits of nutmeg. He began using an oil with nutmeg as a primary ingredient to help ease his pain and continued using it until his death.
Let explore seven health benefits of nutmeg:
- Stimulate the brain, eliminating fatigue and insomnia, and helping improve concentration
- Provide pain relief to aching joints, muscles aches, arthritis and other ailments
- Relieve indigestion and stomach aches
- With its antibacterial properties, effectively treat bad breath, gum problems and toothaches
- Achieve healthier, smoother skin
- At night, induce sleep and relaxation with a dash of nutmeg in a cup of milk
- Detoxify and remove toxins from your liver and kidney, and even help dissolve kidney stones
Enjoy the health benefits of fresh nutmeg on your next visit to Rosalie Bay Resort. Add freshly grated nutmeg to a cup of tea at Zamaan Restaurant. Or schedule a body scrub or wrap treatment, using nutmeg, at our Dominica spa.