Recharge your batteries with the sun
At our eco-resort, we utilize the power of the sun to create energy via our solar panels, but what power does the sun have on our well-being?
On Dominica, one of nature’s blessings is natural sunlight. Exposure to sunlight in moderation can help you recharge your batteries.*
Soak in the rays and the benefits
- Sunlight can influence your mood positively and help you fight stress through its serotonin booster effects.
- Natural daylight can improve sleep by halting the body’s production of melatonin, a hormone produced at night that makes you feel sleepy.
- Some studies show that sunlight can reduce the risk of cancer. Vitamin D, known as the “sunshine vitamin,” may help protect against colon, kidney, and breast cancer, while neurological, cardiovascular, and immune diseases are associated with vitamin D deficiency.
- Sunlight is linked to improvements in bone health.
- Exposure to the sun can have a beneficial effect on skin issues such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections.
On your next visit to Rosalie Bay Resort, enjoy the benefits of the sun by lounging poolside.
*Note that even though sunlight is beneficial, like everything else, it should be appreciated in moderation. Skin pigmentation, time of day, and and how previous exposure to the sun affected your body can help you determine the appropriate dosage.