Weekly tips to bring island-inspired wellness into your everyday life from the wellness and spa team at Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica.
The half moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana) is an excellent standing pose for balance and possesses many benefits especially to women and if practiced daily, can eliminate some of our health issues.
How to do the Half Moon pose
- Stand with your legs a comfortable width apart
- Raise your arms to shoulder height
- Turn your right foot out 90 degrees and turn your left toes slightly in while keeping your torso and hips facing forward
- Bending your right knee, lean your torso over your right thight and place your right hand on the floor
- Lift your left leg to a 90 degree angle and straighten your right leg
- Raise your left arm above your head and look up at your hand. Keep your chest and hips forward. Don’t let the lifted leg drop.
Benefits of the Half Moon pose
- Stretches the groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulder, chest and spine
- Strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine
- Relieves stress
- Improves digestion
- Combats fatigue
- Alleviates morning sickness
Practice the Half Moon pose at home so you will be a pro when you visit us at Rosalie Bay Resort.