Weekly tips to bring island-inspired wellness into your everyday life from Rosalie Bay Resort wellness coordinator Laura Lund.
Between our work and our social lives it is not always easy to fit exercise into our daily schedules. This is unfortunate as we could certainly benefit from the endorphins and energy that exercise can provide to us to get through our daily routine.
Fortunately, yoga can be practiced almost anywhere and the sequence below does not require any special gym equipment. Just grab a yoga mat and find a relaxing spot to practice.
Try this simple yoga sequence to strengthen, stretch, and tone the legs, lengthen the spine and give you an energy boost.
- Start by stepping the feet about 4 feet apart
- Turn the right toes all the way to the right, and line the right heel to the left arch
- Bend your right knee to a 90 degree angle
- Stretch your arms away from each other, palms face the ground
- Keep your trunk upright, don’t lean forward or back
- Gaze past your right fingers
Reverse Warrior (From Warrior 2)
- Place your left hand to your left thigh
- Flip your right hand up toward the sky
- Reach your right arm up alongside your ear
- Reach toward the left, keeping your hips open forward
- Gaze up toward the sky
Side Angle Pose (From Reverse Warrior)
- Reach forward and rest your right elbow gently on your right thigh
- Reach your left arm up towards the sky
- Stretch and lengthen your spine
- Turn your belly and your chest forward
- Gaze up past your right fingers
Repeat the sequence on the left side. Enjoy!