The benefits of water therapy are at the center of our new riverside Gló Spa. Gló is the creole word for water, and it is believed that Spa comes from the Latin term “salus per aqua,” which means health through water.
The use of water in wellness practices dates back to ancient times in both Eastern and Western civilizations. This time-honored treatment continues to be an integral part of health and wellness practices in today’s world.
Hydrotherapy is a wonderful method of reviving mind, body and spirit. The use of water, in its many forms, can soothe pain, promote physical well-being and help you relax.
The benefits of hydrotherapy are based on the body’s reaction to hot and cold stimuli, to the protracted application of heat, to the pressure exerted by the water and to the sensation of the water.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
- Boosts the immune system
- Stimulates circulation
- Increases digestion activity
- Hydrates cells and improves the skin
- Calms your mind
- Relieves arthritis pain and stiffness
- Soaking in warm water helps to lower blood pressure
- Hot water soothes the body and can help relieve tense muscles or anxiety
- When submerged in a bath, water relieves your body of much of the effects of gravity and provides relaxation
- A hydro-static effect and a massage-like feeling when gently kneading your body
- Moving water stimulates the touch receptors on the skin, increasing blood circulation and releasing tight muscles
Hydrotherapy at Gló Spa
As the sound of the Rosalie River soothes your mind, you can relax your body with our Detoxifying Hydrotherapy Treatment at the Gló Spa. Natural ingredients are also used to complement the benefits of the hydrotherapy with their own health properties. The treatment offers a nutrient-rich, deep marine algae soak or a ginger and glory seedar soak designed to release toxins from the body while soothing irritated skin.