Weekly tips to bring island-inspired wellness into your everyday life from the wellness and spa team at Rosalie Bay Resort, Dominica. Post written by Spa Therapist Alma George.
Those who drink it know coffee tastes really good – especially when you add cream. It’s a warm welcome to start the day.
But what good can coffee really have on my health? I remember my granny asking my mum for hot coffee first thing after brushing her teeth in the morning. I thought she had an addiction, but now I know she really knew what was good for her health.
When used in moderation, coffee has many health benefits. The antioxidant in coffee helps raise good HDL and lowers inflammation related to heart disease. Other health benefits include:
- Lowers the risk of cancer and heart disease
- Decreases the risk of mortality
- Improves the health of the blood vessels, which improves vascular muscle tone
- Speeds recovery and reduces sore muscles
- Tends to act directly on the muscles to produce greater power and strength
- Increases the metabolic rate, which improves fat burning
Beyond its internal benefits, coffee also is great for your skin. Coffee grounds, which are granular by nature, polish away dead skin to reveal a fresh, healthy glow. Its caffeine properties are also beneficial as they shrink blood vessels to help improve the appearance of varicose veins.
Enjoy all of the health benefits of coffee at Rosalie Bay Resort. It is a pleasure for our staff to serve you a fresh cup of coffee at Zamaan. To wake up your skin, try the Dominican Body Glow at our Dominica spa featuring coffee as an exfoliating ingredient.